WELCOME TO THE BEAUTIFUL NIAGARA REGION
The Regional Municipality of Niagara, also colloquially known as the Niagara Region or Region
of Niagara is a regional municipality comprising twelve municipalities in Southern Ontario, Canada.
The region occupies most of the Niagara Peninsula and is located in the southern end of the
Golden Horseshoe, the largest megalopolis in Canada.
Niagara’s eastern boundary is the Niagara River, which is also the border with New York State
in the U.S. It is bounded on the north by Lake Ontario and on the south by Lake Erie.
Niagara has unique natural landscapes which makes the Region an important centre for
viticulture, or winemaking.
The Niagara Wine Route, which connects visitors to dozens of wineries, is a growing tourism
draw while the internationally renowned Niagara Falls is one of Canada’s major tourist attractions.
the Regional Municipality of Niagara receives up to 12 million visitors each year.
Further information: List of secondary schools in Ontario § Regional Municipality of Niagara
- Brock University(St. Catharines)
- Conseil Scolaire Viamonde - French Public
- District School Board of Niagara - Public
- Niagara Catholic District School Board - Separate
- Niagara College(Niagara-on-the-Lake, Welland)
- Niagara Parks School of Horticulture(Niagara Falls, Ontario)